From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to acquire data from DSP and use it in LabVIEW?

HI ALL,

I am calibrating a hardware board and need the data to be manipulated based on the values.  A TMS320C2000 Microcontroller is used to monitor/acquire data from the board.

Now i have to use this data and calibrate using LabVIEW. How do i get this data from DSP and use it in LabVIEW?

Is it possible to push the data from DSP using UART and store it in an excel file and then open that using LabVIEW? 

Please suggest me some ideas and let me know if i am correct.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,408 Views)

You say that the microcontroller has a UART. Just connect that to the serial port on the LabVIEW computer and read it using VISA. No need to save it to a file first. Search the examples that ship with LabVIEW for serial communications.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,402 Views)

HI Steve,

I'll try out the solution you suggested.

Apart from using UART, I also wanted to know if there is any interface mechanism to control the Code Composer Studio(CCS) using LabVIEW so that i can control the DSP and acquire all data from CCS and use it in LabVIEW.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,392 Views)

Start with this. It may be slightly dated

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,386 Views)