cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to access the ms excel though labview

Dear sir/ friends

I'm begineer for LabVIEW

I need help 

1. how to read the data from excel sheet and also i want to get the data in date basic. like 1- nov-2015 to 31-nov-2015.

2. after that, how to separate the that particular data in new sheets in excel.

Thanks & regards

pksusic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,503 Views)

If you are a beginner in LabVIEW, before taking on an intermediate task like integrating LabVIEW (one programming paradigm) with Excel (another paradigm), learn as much as you can from the on-line tutorials (see, for example, the upper right corner of the Forum's Home Page) and do as many of the exercises as you can.

There are numerous examples of reading and writing LabVIEW data to and from Excel Workbooks, both here in the Forums and on the Web.  The simplest way to do this involves the Report Generation Toolkit, now included in the base LabVIEW 2014 and LabVIEW 2015 installations.

In dealing with Date information, one needs to be a little careful.  If the dates can be read and written in String format (that is, "26 Nov 2015, 13:42" or something similar), it just becomes a matter of each side being able to parse the string into their own (different!) internal representations.  If, however, you are reading and writing dates/timestamps as numeric data, you need to deal with the fact that (a) the "zero" timestamp differs by four years, and (b) time is represented as either "seconds since time 0" or "days since time 0".  Plus, of course, dealing with Time Zones and UTC ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,489 Views)