LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how the 7344 trajectory generator works?

It says that the 7344 trajectory generators calculate the instantaneous position command that controls acceleration and velocity while it moves the axis to its target position in the 7344 user manual.
What I want to know is that how long it will take to calculate the instantaneous position command ,and does it calculate based on not only the position commmand that the computer send to it but the feedback signals?
Another question is:suppose I send a position command of 50rad,then how the trajectory generator works,what I means is that if the trajectory generator calculate the whole position trajectory based on the move constraints at a time or it will calculate every sample period?
Infact i am not clear how it works?can you give me some information?
Moreover how could I send a continuous position command to the card and make the card response in real-time ?For example I send diffent position command every 0.5ms and i hope the system can move to the preconcerted position every 0.5ms.Can the 7344 card make it ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,417 Views)
Hi bgrain,

To keep things simple we try to only create one post per forum topic. Lets keep all communication on the other thread.

See you there!

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,385 Views)

Hi Robert

In order to perform a  continuous move ,i can send a new target position to the board repeatedly ,but i am confused with following questions.

First,i send a target position to the card and through the multistart the card starts to move,maybe this move can take several update periods .Suppose that it will take two update periods to accomplish the move,and after  one  and a half  update period i send another new target position ,so I do not kown if the card immediately start a new move ,based on the current position and new target position by ignoring the last half period or it will accmplish the last half period and then start a new move.

Second ,if it is the first case  i would think that when the pid update period is equal to or more than the time intervals between the new target positions,then it will not work ,because everytime it is the host computer that starts the move.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,354 Views)