From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how should i program to make interval(period) measurements??

HI,

I am not used to programming so i need all the help i can get. Currently i am using USB 6001 and i am using pressure guages linked to the USB 6001. i found the way to aquire mult channel analog inputs but i do not know how to record these data once every 30 minutes. I have plotted the program using LABVIEW VI in the DAQEXPRESS and I need some help programming the following.

1- how can i record the measurement of the signal once every 30 minutes? The measurement can keep on being done but i need only the measurement every 30 minutes because if i log all the data, it will be a too large file. it will be thankful if somebody could give me a plot of the program!

JBNUASEM_0-1665118089263.pngJBNUASEM_1-1665118099277.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(614 Views)

Hi JB,

@JBNUASEM wrote:

1- how can i record the measurement of the signal once every 30 minutes? The measurement can keep on being done but i need only the measurement every 30 minutes because if i log all the data, it will be a too large file.

Simple approach: get your measurement, wait for 30mins, then repeat…

More suggestions:

• Don't use LabVIEW-NXG, it's "end of life"!
  • Don't wait 30mins in one go, wait 1800 times one second…
  • Use a statemachine for your requirement…
  • You don't need to log all the data, only interesting ones! No need for "too large files"…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(592 Views)

Can you attach your block diagram?

Also make sure you save it as previous version. If you have labview 2020 and up, I will not be able to open your code. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(519 Views)