LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long labview can run(save real time data)

We will measure strain for continous 30 days. The measurement time delay is set as 2 minutes. We hope labview to save the strain data measured every 2 minutes and totally countinous for 30 days.
I am wondering whether the labview can running and save data for 30 days with any stop or break.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,088 Views)
If you structure your code correctly, LV will have no probs performing this task. Only problems you will need to look out for can include o/s crashes or power loss to your pc.
Message 2 of 7
(3,077 Views)
Thank you, David.
If I set the delay time as 1 second, my measurement program had continuously run for 56 hours, then stop writing the data. Whether lview has any limitation of file size ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,038 Views)
LV doesnt limit the size of your file. Your hard-disk space will do this. Post your code (or an example of) and someone will be able to determine if there is something wrong with your program.

Message Edited by DavidT on 06-02-2005 04:24 PM

Message 4 of 7
(3,033 Views)
You can run into problems if the file size gets too large. I think around 2Gb. How much data are you writing every second? 56 hours is around 200000 samples. We really need to see some code. Are you saving DBL, SGL, U8??
Message 5 of 7
(3,024 Views)
I have an application running now. It runs for months at a time, logging over 10000 data files per run. It's an endurance test for aircraft parts. Many people are amazed at this. I don't see why.

Does all your data need to be saved at the end of the program? What happens if you have a power failure? You lose all the data in memory. It's better to write it in pieces. If you need it all in the same file, just use the "append to file" option.
Message 6 of 7
(2,987 Views)
Thank you, guys.

Now my program have been running for 1 week. looks like goes well. Once I have any result, I 'd like report here.

Have your good day.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,960 Views)