From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i can to drag and drop a file in my applciation?

how i can to drag and drop a file into the all window of my application and read this file of corse,??

Sans titre.png

Please i need your help ,
Thank youu .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,030 Views)

You can drop a file into the path control and it will populate the path of the file.  If you need to read the file as soon as that happens, use an Event Structure and the path control's Value Change event.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,999 Views)

Create a Value Change event in an event structure for the path control.

(Note, a Select Function with True and False inputs is a Rube Goldberg)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,996 Views)

I dont want to  drop file into the path control i want to drop it anywhere in my window ???

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,992 Views)

that is not really possible.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361N-01/lvhowto/dragging_and_dropping_vis/

a hackish possibility would be to make a path-control fit the whole pane, and put other controls/indicators in front.

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 5 of 16
(3,979 Views)

Okey, But i can to drop it on the graph or table ... ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,970 Views)

If you place a transparent path control over it, but then you can't interact with the graph anymore.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,967 Views)

thank you , 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,958 Views)

i Can't drop a text file(myfile.txt) in String indicator and show it how i can do it please  ? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,931 Views)

Only the path control allows to drag a file from the explorer into it! Do the same as with the graph, place a transparent path control over it!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,924 Views)