LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you use the bluetooth VIs with a Microsoft Bluetooth Driver?

How do you use the LabVIEW Bluetooth VIs with the Microsoft Bluetooth driver?  I have been trying with no such luck.

I want to use 2 computers to talk to each other using the bluetooth VIs.  Eventually, I think we would like a PDA/phone to talk to a custom built electronics board with Bluetooth.  But for now, I would just like 2 computers to talk and then eventually talk to our own device. 

One is a desktop w/ the Belkin F8T012 USB adapter.  It installs fine with the Belkin driver (but I know I need to use the Microsoft Driver in order to use the LabVIEW VIs, but I have tried to get Windows to install its own but it says it is a BCM92045DG-Flash.  It says it cannot install it because it cannot find the necessary hardware.  I thought this USB adapter was on the approved Bluetooth devices list?  What else should I try?  Another Bluetooth USB adapter? 

The other computer is a Dell Latitude 820.  It has a built in Bluetooth module which I believe is the Dell 350 Bluetooth Module.  On this machine I have been able to setup a COM port with a bluetooth device (blood glucose meter).  It came with a serial port interface which we modifed to go through a bluetooth interface.  It comes up as COM40. We have been able to communicate to it using their program originally designed to talk through a serial port.  But we would like to use the Bluetooth VIs in LabVIEW.  I can't even use the Discover VI.  Perhaps it is not using the Microsoft Driver as well.  Do I just uninstall the driver and then try to have Windows install its own driver?  Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Javi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,241 Views)

Hi Javi,

This sounds like an issue with Windows and your specific Bluetooth devices.  As you mentioned, the LV Bluetooth VI's do require that the devices use the Windows drivers.  Take a look at this link for specific requirements for using Bluetooth with LabVIEW.  Also, you can take a look at our Developer Zone tutorial on designing Bluetooth applications a found here.  Regarding your device drivers, sometimes it is as easy as uninstalling the driver and then letting Windows discover the device and fine its own driver.  You could check out the Microsoft Knowledgebase for more information.  Thanks and have a great day!    

Stephen S.
National Instruments
1 Test is worth 1000 expert opinions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,206 Views)