LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i update bookmarks in a headers in a word document using labview activex

How do i update bookmarks in headers in a word document using labview activex calls ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,246 Views)
Bhaskar,

The best place to look for this infomation is in the Visual Basic help for Microsoft Word. (If you are using Microsoft Word's ActiveX object, right-click on a property or method node you have placed on the block diagram, and choose Help for..., LabVIEW actually brings up the VB help menu.) This documents the Visual Basic for Applications ActiveX object that you are using. Instead of writing the code in text, you use Property Nodes and Methods in LabVIEW. I would search through the VB help or look on MSDN.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,243 Views)
Randy,
Thank you for your reply. I am able to update bookmarks in a word document but not the header. When i try to update a bookmark in a header labview says it cannot find the bookmark.

thanks
bhaskar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,243 Views)
bhaskar,

Not all Word functionality is available through its ActiveX object. This may be the issue.

Randy Hoskin
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,243 Views)
Randy,
When I look at the WORD object map headerfooter is an exposed object.
Bhaskar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,243 Views)
This is a problem I am just now starting to work, however I am not quite as far along as you were when you asked your question. Could you please explain which ActiveX call you use to access bookmarks in a word document?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,243 Views)

Hello 

I have the same problem. Hope my reply will activate this thread or i will never find out how to add text at a bookmark in a header in a word document.

msdn didnt help me much. i dont know much about other programs and there they explain all in basic and C++ 😞

HOpe someone with the knowlege will help 🙂

THX

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,148 Views)

Hello???

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,147 Views)
hihihi, i am serious tho Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9