From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i freeze/unfreeze window appearance options?

I'm trying to adapt an open source VI from openg and I can't unfreeze the "Window Appearance" options -- how do I do that?

The hack of copying everything from the block diagram and pasting it onto a new VI works but is problematic, I have to copy the icon and re-wire the connector pane, etcetera.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,618 Views)
The appearance is determined by the settings in the execution option. The properties there are set to subroutine and reentrant. A "regular" VI will have normal priority and be non-reentrant.
Message 2 of 6
(2,609 Views)
Thanks, I had thought to change the the "reentrant" option only, which had not been sufficient.

...Dan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,599 Views)

@dgholstein wrote:
I'm trying to adapt an open source VI from openg and I can't unfreeze the "Window Appearance" options -- how do I do that?

The hack of copying everything from the block diagram and pasting it onto a new VI works but is problematic, I have to copy the icon and re-wire the connector pane, etcetera.

Your best bet would be to open the original VI and chose File>>Save As... (make sure that you save a new copy, by selecting "Open Additional Copy" from the "Save As" dialog).  This will give you an exact copy: VI settings, connector pane, and icon included.  There are a lot of subtleties that might be otherwise missed.  Oh, don't forget to preserve the copyright notice that appears on the front panel of OpenG VIs.  This is one of the terms of the license agreement Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,595 Views)
Jim;

I see someone here is tuned-in to find anything that mentions OpenG!

Well, I'm a big fan, I used your cluster tools to make working with databases easy -- so easy, in fact, that I would go as far as saying that Labview with my SQL libraries using your cluster tools is "The Best Way Ever" to read and write to a database.   No other programming language makes it so obvious as when the cluster element names and types match the names and types from the DB.

Is there room/interest to merge another library into OpenG?

...Dan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,589 Views)

@dgholstein wrote:
Jim;

I see someone here is tuned-in to find anything that mentions OpenG!

Well, I'm a big fan, I used your cluster tools to make working with databases easy -- so easy, in fact, that I would go as far as saying that Labview with my SQL libraries using your cluster tools is "The Best Way Ever" to read and write to a database.   No other programming language makes it so obvious as when the cluster element names and types match the names and types from the DB.

Is there room/interest to merge another library into OpenG?

...Dan

> I see someone here is tuned-in to find anything that mentions OpenG!

Yep, you caught me. Smiley Very Happy

> I used your cluster tools to make working with databases easy

A long while ago, I posted some example code that uses the OpenG Variant library (oglib_lvdata) to generate a SQL INSERT statement from a cluster, in the way you described.  Yes, this is very flexible way to adapt LabVIEW data to a database.

> Is there room/interest to merge another library into OpenG?

There is definitely room and interest in allowing others to help OpenG grow (that's the whole point, right?).  We've got high standards and a process (which are not well documented [documentation is not nearly as exciting as writing code, you know]) but we're working on this and love to have participation.  If you want, please feel free to send me what you've got so far, and I'd be happy to take a look and see what it would take to get this OpenG'ified.  Also, the OpenG Discussion Forums are a great place to share your ideas, feedback, and bug reports -- but of course, all you need to do is say "OpenG" and I'll hear you Smiley Wink

Thanks,

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)