LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i activate a 3 way valve using lab-view ????

I am trying to automate a miniature punch press by connecting it to a computer having labview. this is done thro a 3 way valve which is in turn connected to an air compressor.

I would like to know how i wud be able to control the valve using lab view ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,738 Views)

Your question reads like;

"I would like to know how I can drive a car using my hands?"

Please provide the details on the value (inputs/outputs) and the type of hardware you are using to act on the valve.

Trying to help!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 5
(2,738 Views)

duplicate post.

I don't know why you posted the original question to the NI Switch board in the first place but it is rude to not answer the questions asked of you there and then post an identical question on another board with the same lack of information you provide.

Message 3 of 5
(2,727 Views)
Im just starting out on this project and dont know much about it , when you say ( input/output) what exactly do you mean. Im sorry for asking such basic questions.
it should have an analog input signal i think .

thanks

srajani
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,726 Views)
You need a piece of hardware inside or outside your PC that allows the computer to control your valve, such as a Data Acquisition board (DAQ) or a serial-controlled relay board, etc. You use LabVIEW to communicate with the DAQ board, which in turn controls your valve or solenoid or whatever.

If you need suggestions for a type of control board, just ask. Be sure to include the type of valve, the voltage requirements, and any other information you have on the hardware.

B-)
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)