LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I write elapsed time to build array in only seconds?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, 

I am able to use "elapsed time" to send a time stamp to "build array" by using the "elapsed time to text" output.  But after 59 seconds it then gives one minute.  In the excel file it is as follows:

0  00:00:59

0  00:01:00

0  00:01:01

I would like to to continue to 60, 61 seconds and so fourth.  When i try to connect a different subvi it gives me a connection error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you,

Feras 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,054 Views)
Can you post a VI so we can see how you are doing it now?  Are you writing it using a string array?  Are you really making an Excel file or are you using Write to Spreadsheet file to create a text file that is imported into Excel?
Message 2 of 7
(3,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author frabie
I assume this is the Express VI, you could use the Elapsed time (s) output instead to get the number of elapsed seconds.  If you want a string, use the Format Into String VI, otherwise build an array of DBL to append to the rest of your data.
Message 3 of 7
(3,035 Views)
Here is the attachment.  Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,010 Views)

You've been given the answer, why don't you try it?

One comment about your code. Do not wire up the N terminal of a for loop when you are autoindexing some array inputs.

Message 5 of 7
(3,006 Views)
I am currently working on the code but decided to go ahead an attach it as asked.  But thank you for your concern.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,001 Views)
Thanks guys.  I used the formatt to string array and it worked fine.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,989 Views)