LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I place code snippets in a block diagram in LabVIEW 2014

I have tried placing a code snippet into the Express User Libraries pallet in LabVIEW 2014, and while I have successfully placed a VI in the pallet, when I place it, it shows up as a VI icon and not block diagram code. I can copy and paste the code from the block diagram of the placed VI.

I have followed the instructions in KnowledgeBase article #2E1G25XL, using the steps for LabVIEW 8.0. These instructions have worked for me with LabVIEW 2009 and some other recent versions I have worked with, but don't seem to work in 2014.

Has any one else had this issue and resolved it?

Chuck

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,109 Views)

LabVIEW 2014 isn't released yet.  Unless you happen to be a part of the beta test program.

Are you sure which LabVIEW version you are using?

Are you using a snippet created by the built-in LabVIEW menu choice, or one created by the Code Capture Tool?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,106 Views)

Sorry, the disks are labeled 2014. It's actually 2013SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,104 Views)

Here is the link to that KB article for others to find more easily.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/61A6A949B060A20186256AD900793E52

I tried this in LV 2013SP and 2012SP1 and it worked for me for both.

I did have a little trouble at first and needed to reread the instructions closely.  They key step was #9 where you right click on the VI while you are still in the Palette Editor to select Place VI Contents.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,079 Views)

Yes, I have that checked, as you can see from the attached pic (Place Contents.JPG).

I have played with it a little further. I found that if I put the VI in the "C:\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\2013(32-bit)\Palettes\menus\default" folder and then followed the instructions, I could get it to work. If I tried to put the VI in the Express User Libraries sub-palette, I can only get LabVIEW to place the VI icon - not the code. Even when I select the Place VI Contents option. Also, the VI shows up in the main function palette just above the Express User Libraries subpalette (Menu.JPG).

Not sure why it won't work in the sub-palette.

Chuck

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,068 Views)

The original solution link is dead. I know this thread is ancient, but I'm adding the updated link here so people like me who came here from a search engine can have the correct answer!

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x2PkCAI&l=en-US 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,535 Views)