From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I place a structure over another structure while keeping in- and out wires intact?

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to paste Structure 2 over Structure 1, while all wires in- and out automatically adjusts and crosses the border of Structure 2. Is this possible - or do I have to manually delete all wires, then place Strucure 1 inside Structure 2, and finally manually wire all wires again 😞 ?

Image1.jpgImage2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,238 Views)

I am not sure what you mean by paste but yes you should be able to place structure 2 over structure 1, and all wires will remain intact. That's atleast true of while loops, for loops. I am not sure if I have answered your concern, but can you post an example VI of what you are trying to accomplish. I am curious to know what structures you are using.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,219 Views)

OK - this is an example. I have a for-loop (left figure). I try to place another for-loop around the first one, and this is what happens - middle figure. The result I was looking for can be seen in the right figure.

Image3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MartinDg

Hi!

It works for me, LV2011. You need to select forloop from your panel and then draw it around the forloop you already got there. You cannot draw two forloops and then just move one over the other. That will not work with the wires. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,208 Views)

Thanks - quite obvious! That way it works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,204 Views)

Glad to hear you got it solved! Good luck with further programmingSmiley Happy

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,202 Views)