LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I display certain controls through several Labview Cases?

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the advice...

I have reworked this and it is not working exactly how I want it with only one exception...

I would like to clear the test status window (that is in the inner while loop) when the test button is pressed.

labview serial port example1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(548 Views)

Japper,

You can place a case structure inside that while loop with the test button wired to it's terminal. In the true can you can programatically update "Test Status" to an empty string.

-Nick-

Nick C | Software Project Manager - LabVIEW Real-Time | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(526 Views)

Thanks Nick-

Please excuse my explanation as  I am new to Labview...

I tried this on a one line string indicator but I found that the test button would toggle between states (and it didn't matter if it was set to latch or switch on press or release).

My test status string indicator is a scrolling indicator and  in trying a few thing, I changed the string of data on the device writing to the serial port to output an asterisk at the start of new data.

Then instead of a case I set up a string compare but  I think that maybe it is not working because test status is a scrolling indicator (hence the shift registers) and attempting to write a "" to it only adds a space to this indicator. 

I have attached the vi that I have been modifying but it is a little rough as this is my hack draft version...

Is there a way to clear the whole string inidcator if it is set up as a scrolling indicator?

cleartestwindow.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Japper

Either initialize your shift register with an empty string, or wire an empty string into the right hand shift register instead of the result of the concatenate function under whatever conditions you need.

Message 24 of 24
(511 Views)