LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how display a subvi's front panel in a main vi's tab control?

Crossrulz I have used the sub panel to insert the sub vi but it is not a good way to make presentable gui because on the front panel of main vi it just displays the vi front panel completely. But I need a pop up window to run the sub vi.how can I do this.
Dave Brandt can you give me the front panel view of above block diagram?
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,899 Views)

@ZohaibRamzane wrote:
Crossrulz I have used the sub panel to insert the sub vi but it is not a good way to make presentable gui because on the front panel of main vi it just displays the vi front panel completely. But I need a pop up window to run the sub vi.how can I do this.
Dave Brandt can you give me the front panel view of above block diagram?

If you need a pop up, then you just simply call the VI with it configured to display when called in the VI properties.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,893 Views)

You can just drag the vi snippet into a block diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(1,881 Views)

Crossrulz! here is my main vi. I want an icon like subvi onmain vi  front panel.how can i do this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(1,867 Views)

Brandt! I have done this. But in this case nothing appears on front panel.I need subvi window on front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(1,858 Views)

Run the main vi. Browse to any vi path in the path control. and select ok This will put the front panel of the selected vi into the subpanel control. You have to make you vi front panel size and subpanel container compatible for sizing. These are some advanced labview programing techniques and maybe you should get training. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,824 Views)

@ZohaibRamzane wrote:

Crossrulz! here is my main vi. I want an icon like subvi onmain vi  front panel.how can i do this.

So you want a button that looks like a VI icon on your front panel?  And when you click the button, that VI opens up?

Drop down a button, right-click on it, and select Advanced->Customize.  That will open up the control editor.  In here, you can add images to the button and some other stuff.  Once you have it looking the way you want, just use an Event Structure to wait for the button to be pressed and directly call the VI you want to open up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 27 of 32
(1,798 Views)
Thankyou crossrulz you made my day.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(1,774 Views)

Can you tell me it is used for what purpose?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(1,740 Views)
A subVIs inputs and outputs are defined by connecting front panel controls and indicators to the connector pane. That is six LabVIEW that you would learn by taking some of the free tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(1,715 Views)