LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how display a subvi's front panel in a main vi's tab control?

All Examples I've seen include a static path to the sub Vi.  Is there a way to do this assuming the Sub Vi is part of the project or exe build?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(3,522 Views)

@nswieder wrote:

All Examples I've seen include a static path to the sub Vi.  Is there a way to do this assuming the Sub Vi is part of the project or exe build?

Yes, you can use Open VI ref with a path and have it completely dynamic. It causes some issues with building an .exe as the compiler doesn't know about such files and you'll need to add them to "Always include" or a included source code distribution yourself.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 12 of 32
(3,519 Views)

Got it. Thanks For the Help!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(3,495 Views)
Can I display sub Vis on the front panel of main via such that when I click on any one of the sub vi ,it starts to execute.
Please help me to do this.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(2,908 Views)

Do you really want a subvi or a plug in vi?  A subvi will effect the operation of the main calling vi and a plug in will run independent of the calling main vi. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(2,899 Views)
I am doing data acquisition and needs to display voltages and currents graphs in two different subVIs, so accordingly what I should use plug in or sub vi? Main vi just contains sub vi or you can say welcome to GUI window.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(2,891 Views)

@ZohaibRamzane wrote:
Can I display sub Vis on the front panel of main via such that when I click on any one of the sub vi ,it starts to execute.
Please help me to do this.

Use a subpanel to insert the subVI's panel.  But that subVI should be running in parallel of your main loop.  It should have its own GUI control and/or receive commands from the main loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(2,880 Views)
Any example to elaborate your answer?
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(2,861 Views)

@ZohaibRamzane wrote:
Any example to elaborate your answer?

Just open up the Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) and do a search for "subpanels".  That should tell you everything you need to know.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(2,857 Views)

Use Vi server to call the plugin vi and use the display subpanel for the front panel of the plugin.  This will allow the main vi to run as normal and allow interaction with the other vi's front panel. 

Subpanel.png

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(2,852 Views)