LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can labview communicate with barcode scanner of USB interface

I means its a 'VI snippet'. You can drag the png to a block diagram. Read about it in the help if you have a recent edition.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(6,481 Views)

I see. I've got a good lesson from you.

But too bad, my Lv8.5 doesn't support this.

Thanks ya. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(6,474 Views)

@ericward wrote:

I still have no idea of why a usb barcode reader should not be a test class device.

@ericward wrote:

I still have no idea of why a usb barcode reader should not be a test class device.

They could be, if the manufacturer chose to make it that way.

From http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/044FA220F32774ED86256DB3005850CA

USBTMC allows instrument manufacturers to upgrade the physical layer from GPIB to USB while maintaining software compatibility with existing software, such as instrument drivers and any application that uses VISA. This is also what the VXI-11 protocol provides for TCP/IP. 

It is important to note that not all USB devices are USBTMC compliant. The device manufacturer has to add the support in the device firmware to support USBTMC. Traditional instruments (such as DMMs and scopes) with USB ports are most likely to support USBTMC. Refer to the instrument's documentation to determine if it is USBTMC compliant.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(5,686 Views)

Thanks so much for your info. It might be simple for you but your info saved me 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(5,217 Views)

Hi 

I tried the string control idea with the bar code scanner and it works. My problem is that I have to put mouse cursor on the box first in order to input the bar code. Is there a way to program so  that Labview automatically knows which string control box to input the bar code without focusing with mouse cursor ? 

Thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(4,823 Views)

FLiu wrote:

I tried the string control idea with the bar code scanner and it works. My problem is that I have to put mouse cursor on the box first in order to input the bar code. Is there a way to program so  that Labview automatically knows which string control box to input the bar code without focusing with mouse cursor ?

Sounds like you are looking for the Key Focus property for your input string.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 16 of 21
(4,819 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I created a key focus property node from the string control. The key focus property node has an T/F output. I am not sure how to wire this so that it is always true. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(4,814 Views)
You need to change the property node to write. That's just a right click.
Message 18 of 21
(4,809 Views)

What is ps2 can u explain here??

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,862 Views)

You are replying to an 11 year old thread.

If you don't know what a PS2 keyboard is, don't worry about it.  If you haven't seen one by now, you'll probably never see one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS/2_port

PS2 is a type of connector used for PC keyboards and mice years ago.  After USB came out, and truly took over and became "universal",  PC's stopped having PS2 ports, and keyboard and mice manufacturers stopped making PS2 devices.

Message 20 of 21
(2,858 Views)