From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can labview communicate with barcode scanner of USB interface

I have no idea that USB barcode scanner is within USBTMC or not
and there is no information available from the BCR supplier about the communication.

Is there anyone give me suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(24,929 Views)
See if the manufacture has a driver like a DLL you could call from LabVIEW.  I always have used the bar code scanner that plugs into the keyboard input.  Very simple to integrate.
Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
Message 2 of 21
(24,924 Views)
A usb bar code reader should not be a test & measurement class device. The ones I use are HID which means they install as another keyboard. Communication is just like entering text from your other keyboard which is likely to also be usb these days.
Message 3 of 21
(24,919 Views)
hi,

iam karthick ,here i was used the ps2 keyboard optional barcode scanner it works well,

Program:

Using event structure(ctl) u can easily get the data from barcode scanner....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(24,537 Views)
hi,

iam karthick ,here i was used the ps2 keyboard optional barcode scanner it works well,

Program:

Using event structure(ctlref) u can easily get the data from barcode scanner....
Message 5 of 21
(24,531 Views)
Hi Karthick
I could not read out the data from PS2 connected barcode scanner.
Could you please send your vi to me?
Thanks
Hong
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(24,122 Views)

RAVDM is talking about a USB barcode scanner...

Have you tried opening an application like Notepad (if running Windows) and scanning a code?  Does it simply write the code to Notepad?

As Dennis explained, that is usually how a USB barcode scanner works. It behaves like a keyboard.

R

Message 7 of 21
(24,117 Views)

Can anyone share a simple source code on how to read the bar code using bar code scanner, and printout the data at textfile?

thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(21,267 Views)

All that you need to read the scanner is a string control - just like you were entering the code from the keyboard. Could not get any simpler.

Message 9 of 21
(21,254 Views)

Appreciate the help

another noob question, what does this symbol mean?

where to find it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(21,234 Views)