LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i use ni6008 to switch ON/ OFF the power supply

Solved!
Go to solution
I don't understand your comment about the 9481. Do you have one of these modules or not? If you don't you just have to buy an external 5V relay, mount it, and drive it with the 6008. Pay attention to the current requirements and the contact voltage. You may need a current driver circuit between the 6008 and the relay.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,234 Views)

yes, i have ni 9481 relay. but how can i use it to switch on and off the power supply?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,229 Views)

You connect one set of the relay contacts between the power supply and the DUT. Open the relay to disconnect the power and close the relay to connect the power. Since you have this unit, you do not need the 6008 for anything.

It's also important that you provide the exact model of 9481 that you have. Some are stand alone such as the USB-9481. The NI-9481 is designed to plug into a CompactDAQ or CompactRIO chassis.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 06-03-2009 09:09 PM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,226 Views)

i have ni9481, RLY 250VAC FORM A (SPST) MODEL. , if i arrang the nidaq, hoe i can impliment in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,218 Views)

is there a cheapest way to control voltage? can i use rs232 to control voltage? if i am not able to get nidaq

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,214 Views)

sandy1 wrote:

if i am not able to get nidaq

????

NI-DAQ is a set of drivers you can download for free from NI.  They are also on the device drivers CD/DVD that comes with LabVIEW.  For the NI-9481, you will actually want to use the NI-DAQmx drivers.

There are numerous examples in LabVIEW's example finder that will show you how to control DAQ channels.

sandy1 wrote:

is there a cheapest way to control voltage? can i use rs232 to control voltage? =

You can only control On/Off with a relay.  There is no way to control voltage.  You said your power supply had no real controls to it.  Thus RS-232 isn't going to be able to help you control the power supply.

It feels like you are swimming in circles with your questions.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,211 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandy1

sandy1 wrote:

hi,

Thank you for your reply.

let me explain in detail about my project.

I am using 3rd party usbCAN , DUT, 12v DC power supply cable with 50mA current. I am sending /receiving SDO messages from the DUT.

I have few specifications in my test, which needs to switch OFF and ON the DUT to read the correct data back from the DUT, because after switching OFF/On the power, DUT reboots and reinitialises. which i am doing now by switching OFF/ON the power.

which i dont want to do. I want to do it automatically by using labview.

And i have no idea ,how to use relay 9481, because i dont have ni daq to insert the relay. hoe it will switch OFF/ON the power?

Switching power off/on is in general something you use as a last resort. Because it is often one of the toughest thing you can do with your equipment. Many years ago I learned always count slowly to 10 between the off and on operation. Well anyway most instrument have a software rest much like the Labview "Reinitialize values to default" operation. This operation usually clear the instrument memory and put in in a predefined state. I think you should look in the instrument documentation for such command

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,194 Views)

Hi,

Could you please help me in solving my problem,

I have exe file using labview 8.6.1. I want to copy into another computer. I have already installed the run time engine. When i tried to run, it gives error "1172".

I am confused.

Actual path of exe file in my computer is, c:/documents and settings/skulkarn/builds/application.exe.

What will be the path for another pc?, how i can modify the path?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,118 Views)

sandy1 wrote:

Hi,

Could you please help me in solving my problem,

I have exe file using labview 8.6.1. I want to copy into another computer. I have already installed the run time engine. When i tried to run, it gives error "1172".

I am confused.

1172 is a .NET error. Are you using any .NET assemblies? Do you have the proper version of .NET installed on the other computer? 

sandy1 wrote:

Actual path of exe file in my computer is, c:/documents and settings/skulkarn/builds/application.exe.

What will be the path for another pc?, how i can modify the path?

I don't think I understand this question. If you did not build an installer for the application then you can just copy the application files wherever you want on the target computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,109 Views)