LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i sumulate a function generator and digital multimeter to measure the cut off frequency of a low pass filter

good day every body,

i need to experiment with cut off frequency of low pass filters. how can i simulate a function generator and a digital multimeter to measure the cut off freqquency of a low pass filter.

thanks.

kdgreat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,846 Views)

Hi,

Your problem needs more elaboration to get more specific ans..

What i can suggest you is, inside LabVIEW we have signal processing tab.. Have look on this ..

Thanks

- HS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,843 Views)

Hey kdgreat,

Depending on the accuracy you need and the frequency of the cut off filter there are multiple hardware options you could use to do this.  For low frequency applications you could consider using the Bode Analyzer tool with the NI myDAQ:http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11504.  The LabVIEW Advanced Signal Processing Toollkit will also give you a great deal of resources for filter design.  You can find more information on this toolkit here:http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209055  Please post back with any additional questions.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,822 Views)

Cut off frequency of a low pass filter

Hi everyone,

I need to develop a labview to determine the cut off frequency of a low pass filter. The filters have already been simulated but I have to write a labview code to determine their cut off frequencies.

I have attached the code I developed but I will welcome an improvement or a new code. Also how can I modify the program to measure the fiters by just locating the files (filters) and automatically measure their cut off frequencies without writing the code for each of them

any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

kdgreat

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,730 Views)

Hi kufre2eng@yahoo.com,

Are the filters you are talking about also LabVIEW VIs?  If they are, you can run them as part of your code in LabVIEW.  I can think of a few ways to run a subVI within LabVIEW and read the output from it, but I might need a little more information about the filter files you are working with.  Can you provide any information about these?  It may be worth creating a new forum post about this subject so other people will give it attention.  Let me know! 

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,693 Views)