From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i flip a certain bit in a bit stream?

i have made a hamming encoder and decoder and i want to evaluate the whole performance of the system so i want to to flip a certain bit (representing the effect of noise ) so the the decoder detecte this error and correct it , i tried to use a subarray to select one bit then compare it to zero (which i couldnt do mismatch data type)  , how can i fix this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,516 Views)
You may use the Not Exclusive Or function. If I want to flip bit 1 in the U8=0xb10101010, I use the Not Exclusive Or function with 0xb111111101, and 0xb10101010 as input values. The result will be 0xb10101000. Set the bit you want to flip equal to 0

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,509 Views)
A little bit more logical is to use the exclusive OR function.  That way the bit you want to flip is a 1 and all the rest are zero.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,491 Views)