LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i change a vi to its original?

TO a labview vi,i try to edit its properties in the "file" menu.when i run it,there is no tiltle,no menu.i can't stop it,also i can't edit its digram.how can i change it to its original ,at least i can edit its digram.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,335 Views)
If i understand you correctly, you want stop VI running and return its properties to original. Attached vi is like VI manager, you can view all running VIs and stop one of them. Create its shortcut, put it on desktop and run it through shortcut. It will be run even another VI is running now. Select VI that you want stop it and press STOP.
Message 2 of 4
(2,335 Views)
For a VI that runs when opened, there are two ways to stop it. Start your VI and press control-. (control period). This is the shortcut for aborting a VI. You can also launch task manager and attempt to kill LabVIEW. A window will pop up (I am not sure of the exact message) asking you to stop running VIs. Choose cancel.

You can also put the VI in the block diagram of another VI (there is a option to select a VI on the palette) and open it that way.

Once you have the VI stopped, you should be able to edit the properties.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,335 Views)
wbl wrote in message news:<506500000008000000A4530000-1027480788000@exchange.ni.com>...
> TO a labview vi,i try to edit its properties in the "file" menu.when i
> run it,there is no tiltle,no menu.i can't stop it,also i can't edit
> its digram.how can i change it to its original ,at least i can edit
> its digram.

Put it as a subVI on another VI's diagram and double click it there
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,335 Views)