LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i activate the Data Logging in Operate tag/ Menu under executing exe file after buit

After buiting the exe file, "Data Logging" is not active, they are gray out in the menu bar (under Operate tag).

Please let me know how can I activate it ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,755 Views)

Hi keisdad,

@keisdad wrote:

After buiting the exe file, "Data Logging" is not active, they are gray out in the menu bar (under Operate tag).

It would really help when you would show an image of what you are talking about!

Which "Data Logging" item are you talking about?

Which menu bar are you talking about?

What is an "Operating tag"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,723 Views)

Hi, You need to insert the vi "write to measurement file" and link it to your signal for logging. In your control panel, look under file i/o menu for the file. After that, drag the icon into your control loop. Link up your signal to be view or log into the signal input of the "write to measurement file"icon. Create a control button to the enable input of the icon. Double click on the icon to set the log file type and destination of the logging file. Compile your whole vi into the exe file. Run exe and test it out.

For more info, search for TDMS in labview help or look for the below vi. 

TDMS Express Write Data (Time and Frequency Domain) VI: labview\examples\File IO\TDMS\Express Read and Write

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,717 Views)

I attached an image file what shows I am talking.

Because this is vi which I made, it shows Data Logging is active.

But exe file after built, Data Logging becomes gray out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,708 Views)