LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I show continuous data and stop 4 sec after digital trigger?

Hello:

I have to show the actual center of presure (CoP) of the person (this involves 8 AI channels). This is a feedback for the subject, so it have to be refreshed at 24hz (more o less). At certain point the subject hear a sound (this is the trigger) and I have to record 1 sec before and 4 sec after the sound. Right now, I'm using a state machine, where in one state (balance) if perform a continuous sampling to show the CoP and then switch to the other state (record) where I use a ReferenceTrigger to adquire 1sec before and 4sec after the sound. My problem is that in the record-state I'm not able to show the CoP. There are any way to record pre-trigger data and pos-trigger data, and at same time show it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,222 Views)

maybe this will help you in the direction....

trigger.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,206 Views)

Thnaks apok, but now the problem is that the trigger cames from PFI0, the digital signal in PFI0 produce the sound and I use it as the trigger, so I have to include the ReferenceTrigger. 

Now, is my way to solve the problem (using ReferenceTrigger) the correct one? I'm in doubt.

How can add this digital signal (in PFI0) to the VI that you sent me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,191 Views)

@Litux wrote:

Hello:

the other state (record) where I use a ReferenceTrigger to adquire 1sec before and 4sec after the sound.

Thanks in advance.

you use the ReferenceTrigger to start the recording? if so...connect the read output to the 'select function' in the wait statement case, instead of 'start button bool'

trigger[1]_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,185 Views)

Well, I use the ReferenceTrigger because the signal in PFI0 is used to run the sound, so I need the data 1 sec before the sound (and trigger) and 4 sec after.

The last response doesn't solve this issue

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,142 Views)