LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I record date and time directly into excel file using toolkit

I want to record date and time along with data into an excel file using report generation toolkit.
I connected 2D array data, and it can recorded.
How can I do the same thing with date and time along with the data
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,797 Views)
Hi Sam,

Since you are sending your data into Excel, you should be running into a point where your data is transformed into a 2d array of strings to pass into the table. Before you get to this, you can get an array of your time and date strings and insert these as columns into the 2d array. Then pass that new 2d array (2 columns larger) into your excel report. You should be able to now see the timestamps, data, and then data represented as columns. This way, each timestamp lines up with each date, which in turn should line up with each row of data acquistion.

Jeremy L.
National Instruments
Jeremy L.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,797 Views)

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to get my product to continuously record date and time throughout an expiriment. I already have most of the spread sheet set up but when I attempt to add in the date and time values the form array vi says that the information is wired to an improper terminal. I dont understand what I'm doing wrong but I would really appreciate help. Thank You!

"There will be water if God wills it"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,402 Views)

You can use the Excel Easy Title.vi to write the time/date to a column header.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,394 Views)

And don't forget to vote for this idea.  Excel and LabVIEW keep dates and times in different formats.  The conversion is attached in the linkSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,391 Views)