LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I md5 sum individual files contained in an llb file ?

Solved!
Go to solution

how can I md5 sum individual files contained in an llb file ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sedodd005

I'm going to assume you know how to get the MD5 value. If not ... http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/MD5/m-p/1067558

The LLB acts like a container. Thus, you'd have to extract the files out of the LLB and save them as individual files so that you can calculate the MD5 checkusm for each file. LabVIEW has a built-in LLB manager that can be used to convert an LLB to a directory of files.

Note: If you are using the LLB for storing your VIs during development, that is a BAD idea (source code control issues, corruption of one file corrupts the entire LLB, distributed development nightmare, etc...). LLBs should only be used to distribute code, and if you need an MD5 for that, you could just provide the MD5 for the LLB, rather than the MD5 for each file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,236 Views)

Would there be a way to convert an llb file to a temp directory within a vi's so that individual md5's for the files within can be calculated ? This is a requirement for my particular application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,227 Views)

The LLB Manager is written in pure LabVIEW. The LLB Manager VIs can be found in the <labview>\project\llbedit.llb library. Thus, you could copy your LLB to this temp folder (simple file copy function) and then use the "Convert VI Libraries to Dirs" VI in the llbedit library.

Message 4 of 4
(2,221 Views)