LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I hide the popped out sub VI when running main VI

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi All: I have a problem running the main VI "ProConsume for HP8903B.vi" Two sub VI will automatically pop out, Ref HP8903B Read values.vi & Ref HP8903B Setup before read.vi This is really boring, each time I click "single button " on the main front panel, the subVI will pop out and take up most space of the screen , I had to close them manually. Much worse for "continuous button" , when I click it, the subVI will keep flickering, I even do not know how to close them! The project file is compressed in attached file with directory as how to hide\how to hide\E\engineer test VIs\NI Forum\LV Project folder\how to hide subVI.lvproj Can anyone help me out! Many thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,146 Views)

@Julia2013 wrote:
The project file is compressed in attached file with directory 

you forget to attach something.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,140 Views)

On the block diagram, right click on the sub-vi and go to Node-Setup.  Here, you will likely find that the option "show front panel when called" is selected.  Deselect this option.  This is of course assuming 1 possible cause of your problem since you didn't post any code.

Message 3 of 11
(3,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Julia2013

For each of the subVIs open the VI, go to the VI Properties (CTRL+I is the quick way), go to the Window Appearance "tab", select Default.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 11
(3,096 Views)

Well, to prevent us from guessing, you really need to show us some code as promised. 😉

SubVIs show the front panel if they are configured this way in the "vi properties...window appearance", or in the "subVI node setup" on the diagram of the calling VI. Of course the panel can also be shown or hidden at any time programmatically while the subVI is running.

As you can see, there are many possibilities to explain what you are seeing...

Are these subVIs interactive? Are they modal?

@Julia2013 wrote:
Much worse for "continuous button" , when I click it, the subVI will keep flickering, I even do not know how to close them!

The "continuous run button" is no way to run a VI, it is a debugging tool. Why would you even use it? To close runaway VIs, try ctrl-. (ctrl+period). Hold these keys down while closing popup windows.

Message 5 of 11
(3,087 Views)

Right-click the subVI, and make sure your options for the first 2 checkboxes are unchecked.

Or like someone suggested, you can go to each of the subVI properties, VI Properties --> Window Appearance and select default.

subVI Node Setup.jpg

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
Message 6 of 11
(3,080 Views)

Oops, The network seems working bad yesterday!  I missed the attachment, and I also lost the format

of the texts.

I did not find button to modify my message , so I post all of them again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All:

I have a problem running the main VI "ProConsume for HP8903B.vi"

Two sub VI will automatically pop out,

Ref HP8903B Read values.vi &   Ref HP8903B Setup before read.vi

This is really boring, each time I click "single button " on the main front panel,

the subVI will pop out and take up most space of the screen , I had to close them manually.

Much worse for "continuous button" , when I click it,

the subVI will keep flickering, I even do not know how to close them!

The project file is compressed in attached file with directory as

how to hide\how to hide\E\engineer test VIs\NI Forum\LV Project folder\how to hide subVI.lvproj

Can anyone help me out! Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,062 Views)

Hi  pjr1121:

Thanks! But yes, I do deselect this option.

They still keeps poping out.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,060 Views)

I have just uploaded my code now. Not knowing how to modify the first message,  I post another message after it...

"subVI node setup" has been checked. 

I will check "vi properties...window appearance" later.

These sub VI are a little unusual , I pass " references" to them.

Ah, the "continuous button" I mean is the one I made on my front panel. That is why I must post my code.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,058 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,048 Views)