From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I disable the internet ( DNS server ) contact for an executable generated in LV?

I think you understand but I want to clarify the language.

You can disable the NI service locator but you can't yet disable LabVIEW trying to connect to it when LabVIEW initializes.

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(1,146 Views)

NathanK wrote:

Unfortunately there isn't a switch to disable it. I agree that this behavior is annoying. I will have this bug fixed in the next major release of LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan,

Is this fixed in LabVIEW 2009?

Thanks,

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(1,058 Views)

Sigh. Unfortunately it is not.

Due to unforseen circumstances my changes were not integrated as expected.

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(1,049 Views)

I can't beleive that I made this first complaint to this board on this firewall subjext over 2 years ago.

First NI claimed ("proven veteran's") that there was no problem,

Now, 2 years later, you say it is a problem, but cannot be fixed.....

And you wonder why people leave your platform.....

Thanks for all the hard work on this issue skyler. I assume you are not an NI employee....

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(1,043 Views)
Is it possible to add an entry to the "LabVIEW 2009 Known Issues", under category "Building and distributing" or "labVIEW enviroinment"?

I think this problem needs to be officially placed there, because in that issues list there are both bugs and other problems/strange behaviours.
While the request for NIServiceLocator everytime and without disabling option is not a bug "per se", I see this as an error in the engineering of Labview.

It is a fact that I don't need NIServiceLocator for every exe I build, and it is a fact that this behaviour is not requested everytime by programmers.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(985 Views)

Nathan,

Is this going to be integrated in the next LabVIEW release?

Thanks,

Fab 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(855 Views)

Tying up loose ends.

This bug was fixed in LabVIEW 2010. Two years ago.

A built executable will no longer clear the service locator when it launches. Instead it will wait until the service locator is used before it clears out stale entries.

Message 37 of 37
(626 Views)