From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I create HWS files in labview

hi

how can i create HWS files in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,592 Views)

What is a HWS file? 
What is it used for? 

You can create any file type in LabVIEW as long as you know how the file if formated. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,575 Views)

You can create .hws files with the NI-HWS VIs. If you missing this palette then install the NI-HSDIO Driver.

NI Waveform LabVIEW.JPG

With the NI-HSDIO Driver you get also a bunch of LabVIEW examples.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\examples\instr\niHSDIO

Alternativ you can use the NI Digital Waveform Editor to create the Digital Waveforms.

NI Waveform.JPG

For more information please check out these links:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,564 Views)

Thank you so much for your informations and i would like to clearify one more question

If I want generate these programmatically what platform will be better one?

Regards,

Raj kumar.S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,527 Views)

You are welcome. What do you mean exactly with plattform? Do you mean PXI or PCI or which tool?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,512 Views)

just am asking about C or MATLAB?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,502 Views)

For the following languages is a NI-HSDIO driver support available. You need the NI-HSDIO driver for the PXI-6541 (you can find that in the NI-HSDIO readme):

Support.JPG

Additional you can use Signal Express for NI-HSDIO (SignalExpress is a interactive software for quickly write out some signals to a NI devices, with no programming required) or you can program the board in native C.

You find the C examples after the installation of the driver here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-HSDIO\examples\c

With the listed Software above you can programmatically create a pattern and play the pattern on the PXI-6541. With Signal Express you can play the pattern but you cannot create programmatically the DIO pattern.

I'm not familiar with MATLAB® but it looks like that other guys have created a .hws file with this tool.

How to read National Instruments HWS waveform data file in MATLAB

hws file to matlab

General documentation to .hws can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-HWS\Docs

You can play the .hws file with all tools listed above. Alternative you can save you date in a ASCII file and play the ASCII file (presupposed the file is not too large) or you write out the programmatically created DO pattern directly to the board.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,491 Views)
thanks for your suggestions
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,475 Views)