From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hot to get successive data one by one

Hello

I am using LabVIEW 8.6, windows vista, and NI USB 5132 to get successive signal.

Than I am trying to make a program to count the signal rate.

I want to use the data to do the statistics. 

the attachment is my trial code.

the problem is I always get many copies of one signal rate.

Could anyone help me correct my code?

Thanks!

Cynitha 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,508 Views)
Your code makes no sense. You are passing a single value (RMS voltage) and then doing some strange array manipulation. What kind of possible rate analysis can you be performing on a single value? Explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,504 Views)
Any reason that both you and Imontoya are "Hot to ..." on the same day?  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=471636
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,488 Views)

Hello

I want to get several times measurement results and do statistics of these results. these "several times" can be defined by the user, say 10 times or 30 times. Please let me know how to get successive data.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,462 Views)
Nothing you have there controls the number of measurements. Your measurement loop is stopped with the front panel button. Perhaps you would want to connect the operator provided count to a for loop with the scope code inside that. What you are doing to the existing for loop is nonsensical. With the scope code inside a for loop or a while loop that terminates after x number of loops, you would want to autoindex the data when it leaves the loop. That's the default behavior of a for loop. Your existing while loop does not do that and that is why you have a single data point.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,457 Views)

Thanks for quick response. I know my code does not work so I came here for help. It would be nice of you not mentioning three times that my code does not make sense, because I already know that. I would try your suggestion.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,451 Views)