From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host link

Hi,
Would someone be able to tell me how I would be able to set up a link so that I can run a labview program from a different computer. I need to have a PC in a work station with my hardware but need to be able to control this from the pc in my office. I know this is possible but dont know how to go about it. Could someone help me.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,297 Views)
Colin,

Assuming you just want to control a single VI, then you probably want to use remote panels with a Web browser.

On the lab PC, you need to enable the LabVIEW Web server (Tools >> Options, Web Server Configuration). Then, for the VI that you want to remotely control via a Web browser, open it up and choose Tools >> Web Publishing Tool. That wizard will step you through the process of saving an HTML file that you will then be able to access from a Web browser to control the VI.

You should read up on these things in the LabVIEW documentation, but this is the general idea. Another thing to consider is whether you should just remotely control the whole computer. With Windows XP professional on the lab machine, this is trivial to do using Windows Remote Desktop. Other options such as VNC can be employed as well.

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,284 Views)