cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horizontal line on waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone!

I'm still new to Labview, but I'm trying to add a horizontal line to an already established "bar chart" on my waveform graph. The way this code works is that it takes in a force from a forceplate (this force is changing) and plots it as a bar to the left of the target chart (this is their target force - the height represents the amount of force they are trying to exert). Ideally you would want these bars to be the same height (the person exerting the force is using the same amount as their target). To make this a little easier for them to see the height of the target, I am wanting to plot a horizontal line at the height of the target, but keep the bar chart so they can see how far away their current exerted force is from their target as they push harder or softer. Is there an easy way to do this? Ideally I would like the bar chart and the line, but if it has to be two lines (one for the target which doesn't move and one for the exerted force which would change) that is fine too. 

Thank you for your advice and input! 

Emily 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author emmaline35

Dear emmaline35,

you are using a waveform chart, not a graph. Charts does not allow for markers (which would be the easiest solution to mark an extreme).

There is a suggestion, which I have not tried: http://lavag.org/topic/11199-adding-a-reference-line-to-a-waveform-chart/?p=67119 (some partially working solitions are suggested earlier in the thread, too)

Suggestion 2) If you need that (horisontal) marker and your application is not computation intensive (which does not seem so), I'd use a graph and add a horisontal marker. That can be programmatically set: Property node > XScale > MarkerValues[] But you'll have to replot the graph for each newly received value.

Cheers,

Message 2 of 5
(6,806 Views)

Thank you! I must have skipped over that earlier 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,787 Views)
You are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,771 Views)

Very Late to this thread however I was looking for how to place a horizontal line on a waveform graph of my own. Did not find any useful solutions for my problem so I figured it out myself.

To add a horizontal or vertical line marker I used the Property node of annotation list. I used a dash "-" as the name and set the line style to "6" and this gave me a horizontal line across my graph.

Note this is purely for visual purposes as the line carries no information.

Nathan

Download All
Message 5 of 5
(4,994 Views)