From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hold values on cRIO after reboot/deploy

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In my current project, I have to calculate the amount of energy stored inside a gaz tank.

I'm looking for the best way to save this value so it won't be reset after a reboot or even if the software is redeployed.

The only way I can see for now is to store this in a file. However, I find this solution a bit heavy. Is there any lighter way to this ?

regards,

Yannick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,990 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author YannickB

To save a value between system shutdowns you have to store it in a file on the hard drive.  Everything else gets wiped on a shutdown.

If you find the saving of the value is slowing down your main loop, then move the update to another loop and use a queue to send updates to it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,972 Views)

ok, thank you.

I implemented it with the binary files write/read Vi, I guess it is the fastest method to save data on the disk.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,955 Views)