LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

histogram

I am trying to use the 'Create Histogram' Express VI within an application in which the x-axis values can vary from run to run by orders and orders of magnitude.  Unless I manually go into the express node, press 'autoconfigure', and rerun, the resulting histogram may or may not show up.  Has anyone had this issue? I have used other methods to create histograms before but I wanted to experiment with this Express node because it looked like a quick and dirty method to setup a histogram using it.

(See attached).

Thanks,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,696 Views)
If you resize the express function and use the reset input, does it work like you want? It is kind of strange. If you open the front panel of the express vi, the block diagram shows that autoconfigure is a T/F constant and is not wired to anything.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,677 Views)
No, neither setting reset = T and/or enable = T on the express node help the situation.  It seems there needs to be an input for 'autoconfigure' but there is not.  Am interested if anyone else has thoughts on this.

Sincerely,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,662 Views)
Don,

Could you actually post the code to this issue. I don't believe I am seeing the same thing you are, but I could have set it up wrong. Thanks.

Tyler H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,635 Views)

Run this.  First time thru, histogram will be flat.  Open Histogram node and press autoconfigure. Rerun and histogram will show up.  Indicates to me we need a way to autoconfigure each time new data with different scaling is hitting it.  Let me know what can be done to make this work in a repetitive situation.  Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,619 Views)
I have looked at the code behind the scenes and cannot see how it is autoconfiguring, much less how it detects the change to the autodetect button. It looks like this is something that is not going to be simple, however, you can sumbit a product suggestion while I find out how this works. I will let everyone know everything I can when I figure it out. Look for a post in the next couple of days.

Tyler H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,584 Views)
It looks like the auto-configure only changes the "minumum value" and "maximum value". Until NI can fix this problem I would suggest either running the subHistogram function (It looks like its the same only with more inputs) or the old histogram vi.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,581 Views)

Thanks for the VI.  I have used code in the past similar to your upper branch snippet to generate the histogram and that is what I went back to.

Out of curiousity, where did you pull the subhistogram.vi from?  If I search for it from the functions palette, it does not show up.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,564 Views)
It is inside the express vi.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,559 Views)
Tyler menuliskan:
> Don,
>  
> Could you actually post the code to this issue. I don't believe I am seeing the same thing you are, but I could have set it up wrong. Thanks.
>  
> Tyler H.
> National Instruments

hallo..................
can you help me.
I'm confuse about sinus and cosinus on the labview.
for the example
I wanna make sin (90,30,45) on calculation labview. but the risult is
not same with general calculator. Why.... can you help me?????

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,552 Views)