LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high sampling rate

Hello.. i have made such a simple Vi file..

all it need to do is to sample one channel in high rate, and im trying to sample as much as samples as i can for accurate measurment.

the thing is that this prgram needs to detect flicker noise on amplifiers... and i got the feeling the program crash after few samples and i got no idea y.

is there something i need to configure? maybe the clock on the while loop?

please help.. we are trying for a very long time

iv attached the vi file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,344 Views)

What is the "crash" you are talking about? I'd asume that it is a buffer overflow (samples have been overwritten).

Your setup (at least from the default values) requires a looptiming of 10Hz. But you set the looptiming to 1s, so within a few seconds, your buffer will be full.

Just remove the wait time... if your analysis takes only few ms, the DAQmx Read will wait for samples without creating much CPU load...

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,331 Views)

The "crash" im talking about is... where i see the samples on the time domain.. and then suddenly - they are gone.. so the PSD immediatly drops to close to zero results....

i think that the program sample nothing..

if i understood you right.. i need to remove the "Wait"..

ok... ill do that..

what about high resolution?..

is it possible to sampe at 200kHz and make 100k samples?

thx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,315 Views)

Eldad wrote:

is it possible to sampe at 200kHz and make 100k samples?

The sample rate depends on the hardware you are using. Please refer to the specification of the device.

The number of samples (100k) is possible, but will take some memory, so this is rather slow in the analysis. So this mainly depends on the system you are working on, CPU and RAM as well as parallel running applications....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,301 Views)