From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide subVIs by making them .dll

Solved!
Go to solution

I know I read somewhere about how to do this but i cannot seem to find the posting.  Anyways, i have a project that i want to deploy and it contains several classes which use inheritance.  So the application builder creates several subdirectories with all the overridden methods of the classes to avoid name collisions.  I was hoping there might be a way to mask these *.vi files into *.dll files.  If anyone knows of a way to do this that would be great.  I just don't want someone opening these VIs and changing them.

Thanks

Brent 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,809 Views)

In the build executable dialog;

First in the source files sections add the Classes to the always included list

Second go to the Destinations section. Change the Class' destination from Directory to LLB. This will create a file as opposed to the directory.

Lastly, amend the the destination path from *.llb to *.dll

ok i was able to add the classes to the always include list, but when i goto the destination section i have two choices under destinations (CC.exe and Support Directory).  CC.exe has the Destination type grayed out, im assuming that is correct because it is the exe and contains most of the VIs.  Support Directory has Directory selected but all those options are grayed out as well so i cant change it to LLB.  Any reason why it's acting differently than yours?  Im using LabVIEW 8.6 btw.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrentSchenk

My apologies. I was going on memory rather than working through it.

In the destination section you need to add a new destination and change the label and path - for instance .\CC\data\NewDestination.dll

Next, in the source file section highlight the class and change it's destination to the newly added one in the drop down menu. You can leave the Rename checkbox unchecked at the bottom.

thanks for the solution! 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,736 Views)