LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hexadecimal values to gray scale image

I am getting hexadeciaml values in my comport.i am building the array and using reshape array function to convert it into a 2d array.I want to convert this into an gray scale image.I am using array to image conversion function.But i since i need a gray scale image i am giving the reference image as a gray scale image for the "array to image" function.I am getting an image but couldnt make out anything.I am sure that i am transmitting the bits correctly.i am not very sure if my mapping technique is correct.So my scale should be 0 to 255 but i am getting values from 00 to ff.Should i use some conversion function inbetween?
Message 1 of 8
(3,323 Views)

Hi muks,

if you have a numeric array, then it don´t cares, because it is only a view. Can you upload your vi with your picture data?

Mike

Message 2 of 8
(3,322 Views)
Hi Mike,

Message 3 of 8
(3,311 Views)
The previuos image i attached is the ideal image which i shld get.Please see the attachment of my image which i am getting.Is it because of mapping problem?Again from hexa to gray scale.Am i missing on something fundemental?
Message 4 of 8
(3,309 Views)

Hi muks,

it seems like the order is not correct. Can you give more information? Where does the image come from? Can you show the part of code from serial read to array?

Mike

Message 5 of 8
(3,302 Views)
Message 6 of 8
(3,299 Views)

Hi muks,

i don´t  know which format your data has, so it´s difficult to say what´s wrong. Maybe you mixed up rows and columns at the reshape function. I recommend to use an U8 array do store your received data.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 06-13-2008 09:23 AM
Message 7 of 8
(3,286 Views)
Thanx Mike.Now the project is complete.

Message Edited by muks on 07-17-2008 09:51 AM
Message 8 of 8
(3,157 Views)