From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help wint a proyect/ vectorcardiogram (biomedical)

well  first thing first. 

English its not a 1 language , so please forgive me if i write something wrong 

i have to create a project. that aper in a book that i don't have and i really don't understated how do i suppose to do the calculations in orden to graft it. 

basically i must graft how the electricity travel around the heart in a beep. and graft it. using a electrocardiogram signal.  

this its the data that i have. 

if my teacher find this post . 

hi ... XD 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,132 Views)

I just answered a similar First Post on the LabVIEW Forums here from a student who needs to learn LabVIEW.  It sounds to me like you need the same advice (read the first response) plus need to learn some basic cardiac electrophysiology (maybe start with Wikipedia).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,091 Views)

my teacher find my publication, let me clarify , i understand that i am a noob , and i read you recommendation  . thank you. 

the only ting i don't understood  its how will the graft be form,  do the derivations inst that hard,but i have no clue of how the vectocardiogram graph will be form, look in several books ,and those just show me how a you can diagnostic , or show it already working apparatus.

how the calculation are sugested or how i should operate those , i am a idiot and i dint understated the book theory ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,057 Views)

The heart, as it beats, outputs an electric field that can be characterized by a (3D) vector that changes during the beat.  If you look up Vectorcardiography, you can probably find the equations that relate the X, Y, and Z components of this vector (where X, Y, and Z represent body coordinates) to the various standard EKG "leads" used during EKG recording.

Once you realize this, the problem reduces to learning how to plot a 3D graph in LabVIEW.  Look up 3D graphing in LabVIEW (or drop down a function, read its Help and Examples, write some little programs that generate a 3D curve that you know and understand, such as a point moving in a circular spiral as a function of time -- X(t) = sin(t), Y(t) = cos(t), Z(t) = 0.1*t.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,044 Views)