From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help to control EDA Dolphin 7800

Solved!
Go to solution

i´m going to use EDA Dolphin 7800, and need help to create an application to use the scanner of the device EDA Dolphin 7800, i have the module PDA 2010, the OS of the EDA Dolphin 7800 is windows mobile 6.5, i´m already used VISAIC but i didn´t find how i have to do te next step, and i´m already make a simple configure and read port in PDA module with VISA, but i always received the same answered: the port is use by another application, i closed the port but still the same answer.

Please i really need help¡¡¡¡¡

this is my email: cmpineda.g@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,479 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aprendíz

Hi Aprendíz,

The problem seems to be on how the serial Port is being accessed. I'm sending you a couple of documents that can help you troubleshoot first that the HW ports are behaving correctly and then how to check the Software.

Serial Communication Starting Point

For the VI that you are Testing I recomend using an example of the VISA Read and Write as a template and check if this example is working. You can find it if you go to the Help option in the Menu Bar in LabVIEW and select the "Find Examples" option. This will open the NI Example Finder. You can go to the Search tab and search for "Serial" or "VISA" and there are several basic Read & Write Examples.

I'm attatching the Example of Serial Read Write in LabVIEW 2014. 

Hope this helps

Juan Arguello Director Support Services @NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,352 Views)