LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me by design the required thing..

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, i used numeric textboxes but i don't know why if i type alphabets then its taking those alphabets. Can you help me in that case i want to display like( Alphabets are not allowed). Is that possible.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shjukheter

LV 9 version attached.

I could enter letters in the numeric controls, but as fast as you exit the field they'll get cut away. If you want it to happen more directly you'll need to use "Update while typing" and a value change event to change it on the fly.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(946 Views)

Can you explain clearly about what tab control in labview and how it is useful. if possible give me any example.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(913 Views)

I don't mean any disrepsect but you really need to spend some time with a good LabVIEW book (LabVIEW For Everyone would be a good choice), looking through the LabVIEW examples (it ships with LOTS of examples) or take a LabVIEW training course. People on this forum are very helpful. The majority of us are volunteers and not NI employees. However, we are not here to hand hold you through the learning process. You have started several threads and have been given advice. Now you need to do some work on your end and take some time to learn the basics. Many of your questions have been about the most basic features of LabVIEW.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 14 of 17
(900 Views)

I definitely second the reccomendation of "LabVIEW for Everyone"  Even just reading the first 9 chapters will answer most basic questions, and its a great way to learn.

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(889 Views)

Check my attached file above. I've put your controls on 2 pages of a Tab Control. Changing pages automatically show/hide the others as needed.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(883 Views)

I third the book recommendation. But you can learn most stuff right here on the NI site.

Check out this link. Study the free tutorials and take advantage of the nice multimedia presentations. Bookmark that link! Pay particular attention to items #9 and #10.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(878 Views)