From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hdlc

So when you "Manipulated" your DLL was the original script in C++? or did you "manipulate" it by using labview itself?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,103 Views)

CommTech provided an example in C++. We got it working with CVI. Then created a dll which was used in the application.

There is another way if you want to avoid the dll. The VISA DDK provides the ability to design an interupt driver that punches the registers required etc. To use that tool you need to be familiar with the workings of the hardware, the registers and their signifigence.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,094 Views)
what is CVI?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,083 Views)
I beleive Ben meant NI's LabWindows/CVI. A C compiler made by NI. But I could be mistaken.
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,073 Views)
no you are currect
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,066 Views)

I am going to probably use the FastComm chip you said they have example software for the dll is the dll the application itself or is it just a driver for the chip? and if it is just the driver for the chip can i impliment my own labview application for transmitting and recieving HDLC?

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,038 Views)