LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard drive compatibility PXI-8110 with LabVIEW Real-Time

I've ran out of space with my 32GB solid state SATA hard drive currently installed to a PXI-8110, running LabVIEW Real-Time 2011.

Can someone please confirm, can I install product "Intel X25-M Mainstream Solid State Drive - 34nm Product Line - Solid state drive - 160 GB - internal - 2.5" - SATA-300" to my PXI-8110 and use all 160GB when running LabVIEW Real-Time 2011.

Thanks in advance, Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,212 Views)

any NI engineers reading? should launch this query by phone ?  This information is not easy to find, I have tried.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,199 Views)

Hi There,

Thank you for your post regarding SSD options for your PXI-8110 controller.

The hard drives used in the PXI-8110 are 2.5" SATA drives. In general, you should be fine with using a regular SSD SATA laptop hard drive such as the "Intel X25-M Mainstream
Solid State Drive" however, we do not have a listing of all compatible drives. Rather, you may want to consider purchasing the same make and model of the existing SSD in your PXI-8110 if compatibility is a significant concern.

Regarding the Real-Time Operating System having access to the 160GB avaiable on the SSD can I refer you to the Developer Zone Article below:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8239

The Real-Time Operating System requires that the drive be formatted in FAT32 format, according to the Developer Zone Article titled "Requirements for Desktop PCs as LabVIEW Real-Time Targets" LabVIEW Real-Time 2009 and above support hard drives up to 1.99 TiB" therefore you should be able to access all 160GB of the SSD provided it is formatted correctly.

Can I also refer you to the KB Article below which gives further information on SSD and PXI compatibility considerations including the required dimensions:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F3090563C2FC9DC686256CCD007451A8?OpenDocument

Hopefully this assists when choosing a SSD for your PXI-8110 controller Brian.

Many Thanks

Jamie S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,192 Views)