LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling event structure in subvi

I go through fierce problem for using event structure in subvi. 

Main VI contains event structure in a SubVI

Event structure is composed of two event. one is "Time Out" , the other is "Value Change".

What I want for this VI is Time out event works without a delay time , except of case of Value Change event 

But "Value Change" event of this VI is not working properly. Even when  Value Change event is working , "Time Out" event is still working.

To explain in more detail,  When Value of Boolean is changed , ligh of Boolean Out must turn on.

Please, help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,408 Views)

Hi ngb,

your TimeOut is set to 0 - so it will kick in instantly... Set the time to something like 10s to allow for user reaction!

You also set the output tunnel to "default if unwired", so the timeout event will set the LED to false. Is this intended?

Why do you want to handle the event in a subVI? Why don't you start a parallel loop handling the events of the UI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(3,404 Views)

If you dont wire timeout at all, it defaults to -1, which is wait forever.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,390 Views)

Hi,

Have a look at the attached vi. your value change event is working properly but once after that event is fired it will be going to timeout there we are sending false to the boolean hence your not able to observe the value change occured.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,388 Views)