LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling error popup GET.VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I'am trying to upload stored info from 80 printers over HTTP. Sometimes the printer isnot powered up.  Then HTTP GET.VI generates a timeout error 56.  and shows a error handling popup. It has the options to continue or stop. Is there a way to automatically handle this popup to proceed with the option continue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(839 Views)

Hi WilMM,

welcome to the LabVIEW forum!

@WilMM wrote:

Then HTTP GET.VI generates a timeout error 56.  and shows a error handling popup. It has the options to continue or stop. Is there a way to automatically handle this popup to proceed with the option continue

Yes, sure there is an automatic way!

You "just" need to handle error programmatically - as you should have learned while taking the beginner courses as offered in those "Training resources" in the header of the LabVIEW board!

More information: Those error dialogs usually only pop up when you don't handle errors programmatically. As soon as you handle errors in your code there is no need to show any error dialogs to the user…

Btw. I did not download your DOCX file because of security concerns. When you want to upload images then use image file formats like PNG or JPG. When you want to upload code then you should upload code… (There also is a guideline about using this forum, maybe you should read that, too.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(809 Views)

As this is an build in Labview VI I can't change its behaviour. When trying to open the VI it  ask for a password.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(788 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WilMM

changed the behaviour of the VI where the GET.VI was called instead of trying to change behaviour of the GET.VI

right click VI-icon,  category: execution.  opt out: enable automatic error handling.

This does the job.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(785 Views)