LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hamamatsu ccd array (S11155, C11165)

Hi everybody,

I need a little guidance with installing a Hamamatsu CCD array (sensor: S11155, circuit C11165). It connects to the computer via USB. I installed Hamamatsu's DCam software and everything works fine there. But I'm having trouble getting things working in LabView 10, OS Windows 7.

I tried to use "Find instrument drivers" in the Tools->Instrumentation menu. There doesn't seem to be a compatible driver in the database. I also tried to find a driver on ni.com/idnet, but the circuit that I'm using is not listed there.

Does anybody know how I can proceed from here?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,821 Views)
At http://www.hamamatsu.com/us/en/product/category/3100/4013/4170/4198/C11165-01/index.html, it says that there is a dll available for third-party application development. You would use the call library function node. If you have the .h file, you can use the import wizard to create a set of VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,811 Views)

By strange coincidence, I just started on the same thing on Friday.   Not got far yet, but I'm using calls into the DCamUSB.dll.  The CD that came with the C11165 includes a "Sample.vi" to show (very basically) how it's done.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,804 Views)

I tried the Driver Import Wizard, but it asks for a function panel file (*.fp) which I don't have.

I also found the dll file that you were both talking about. Unfortunately I cannot look at the sample.vi because I need LabView 2011 to open it. (I  currently only have 2010)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,791 Views)
Why would you use that? That is for importing cvi drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,788 Views)

There is a maunual (forget the name) that lists all the dll functions and has a sample program (C) at the end.  

And here is Sample.vi backsaved to 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,745 Views)

Thanks for downsaving the file for me. However, some of the descriptions in the context help seem to be "broken": Weird letters, not from the latin alphabet.

I should be able to uprade to LabView 2013 soon, so I'll put this on ice for the moment. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,714 Views)

The non-latin letters are in LabVIEW 2013 too.  I suspect it is because the VI was developed in a Japanese version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,707 Views)
Have you tried the correct import tool yet? Tools> Import Shared Library?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,701 Views)

Alright, LabView 2013 is up and running. Does anybody know what the sample.vi is exactly supposed to do? At this point it does exactly nothing. How do I tell it to even use the ccd array? I'm assuming it doesn't know automatically how the array is connected.

From what I see it just imports the .dll and then initializes the array, etc., reads out the array and then finishes up the data collection. Did anybody get more insight in this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,564 Views)