From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group lots of variables together on block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good way to organize a ton of variables on the block diagram? For example, I have 32 switches in this program and everytime I need to read or write from them I have to use half of my screen just to fit them in.  I can't seem to think of a way for this to work using bundles or subvis.  I attached a picture of how I do things now but tips on how you guys do it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,228 Views)

It would be easier to help if you attach your VI instead of a showing only a very limited screenshot.  From what I can see there, it looks like an array control might be more appropriate.  Also, most likely the sequence structure is unnecessary, and a shift register would be better than reading from and writing to the local variable, but those are just guesses.

Message 2 of 4
(2,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author acolbourn

Assuming you don't use indicators and controls in the same front panel space, you can put a cluster around the controls on the panel (would be helpful if you included a picture of the FP).  That's what I have done, but I have yet to need more than a half dozen controls in the same group.

Regards,

Michael Tracy

Synergy Microwave

Message 3 of 4
(2,218 Views)

That's a great trick, never knew you could make a cluster on the front panel.  Both your solutions will work, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,203 Views)