LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grid on chart waveform faster than scale

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anyone tell me why the grid on my chart display moves fater than the the scale

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,829 Views)

Are you writing an array or a waveform to the chart?

I suspect that the x-axis is actually in samples when you expect it to be in time (just because it is labelled time, doesn't mean that it is actually plotting v. time).

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 8
(2,811 Views)

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply. Its dynamic data that i am plotting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,808 Views)

Hi I have added a time stamp to the channels but the grid and the scale are still moving at different rates.

If i set to auto scale x all seems ok. I dont want auto scale on though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,803 Views)

Hi bwc1,

How did you determine that the grid was moving faster than the scale? An explanation with screenshots of your waveform chart might help.

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,777 Views)

Hi bwc1,

The problem you are facing appears to be an already existing bug. Please refer to this forum post for more details http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/2012-Waveform-Chart-Bug-Workaround/m-p/2245536 . There are also some nice workaround's mentioned in that post. If you feel your issue is different, you can upload your VI so that we can see what you mean exactly by executing the VI.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bwc1

Hi

Thankyou for your reply. I put a service request into NI and sent my vi they told me that the problem is a bug in labview 2012 somthing to do with the speed the chart updates. They are looking into it and that there is no workaround at present

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,724 Views)

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same behavior on a very recent code (project developped from the beginning in labview 2012).

What is interesting is that i don't experience the same problem on the project that was developped with labview 8.6.1 but opened and executed with labview 2012 (not even sp1).

I'm going to try to just to copy a waveform chart from a labview 8.6.1 vi and paste it in the labview 2012 project. Who knows ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,661 Views)