From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

greying out is the wrong colour

Hi,
I am using the grey-out option for all controls on a front panel. The problem is that the grey is the wrong grey, around each control appears a light grey box. The boxes highlight the layout of the front panel and make it look a mess. Is there any way i can correct the colour so that no box appears i.e. only the control is grayed out.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,967 Views)
Tom-

I couldn't re-create your problem, but my guess is that it is one of two possibilites:

1.) Your display adapter is set to 256 or less colors and the background color doesn't match the control colors.

2.) You need to set the background color on the controls to transparent.

Hope that helps....
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,967 Views)
I see what you mean!

Change the grey of the front panel slightly to:
Hue 160, Sat 0, Lum 177, Red 188, Green 188, Blue 188

Or alternatively place the controls on a Raised box in decorations.

If you want colours though, you may have problems!

Kim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,967 Views)
Do the "boxes" go away when you run the VI?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,967 Views)
This grey out color uses the background color of the front panel. If you
want to change it you will have to adjust the BG color of your front panel
to the grey out color you need. If this screws up other colors then you
need to use big decoration behind everything to set the color you need
behind all your controls.

Mike

"Tom WP" wrote in message
news:50650000000800000054550000-1027480788000@exchange.ni.com...
> Hi,
> I am using the grey-out option for all controls on a front panel. The
> problem is that the grey is the wrong grey, around each control
> appears a light grey box. The boxes highlight the layout of the front
> panel and make it look a mess. Is there any way i can correct the
> colour so that no box appears i.e. only the control is grayed
out.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,967 Views)
How are you choosing to grey it out? Are you disabling the controls, making them invisible, etc? Are you doing this at run-time or during development?
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,967 Views)
The indicators are greyed-out using the indicators properties -> disabled = 2. The problem is in the run time environment.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,967 Views)
I have included an example (in LV 6.0) to illustrate my answer above.

Kim
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,967 Views)
I've set up a similar program, and it seems to run fine. I don't see any boxes around the controls. Could you attach an example so that I could try it on my own machine?
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,967 Views)
Tom,

It just occurred to me that there is another option that you should consider, as it appears that you may have a hardware compatability issue, or software issue that cannot be solved.

A workaround is to disable using mode 1, and simultaneously change the control colors to those that you wish. This will cancel out any problems you are having and allow you to completely customize the disabled appearance. The disabled and greyed option was put in for convenience (I have to believe) to allow a simple method for changing the appearance of the control when disabled. As you situation demands a different solution, you will have to customize the appearance, and use the Disabled option.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,810 Views)