From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

greyed out array of clusters

Why does my array of clusters startup greyed out whenever I close and reopen my VI? If I click a button or indicator light (I have two arrays behaving like this) inside of a cluster, that cluster and all clusters above it will activate. I created these arrays by dragging my favorite controls into a cluster and then I dropped that into an array and then I dragged the array to the size I needed. One array feeds a shift register attached to a while loop and the other is the last step in that while loop. Is there a way to make my VI start with the arrays active?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,259 Views)
One way to make the array's active is to initialize the array to a given size, then initialize each cell to 0.  If you don't do this, these cells are considered inactive, and will not work with functions like (Replace subset, etc.).  If you are using a constant, you can enter the values you want the array to start with, highlight the array, then select edit > make values default.  This way your array constant will start with the specified values all the time.
Message 2 of 2
(3,255 Views)