From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

greenhouse using arduino/labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

i recently made a greenhouse project

where i implemented 10 LEDs using arduino and labview

iam still a beginner in arduino as well in labview so iam kinda of lost in somethings

first problem i had i couldnt use the compiler and it kept giving me the 2 duplicate digital pins error

second i wanted to show the light intensity on the LCD screen instead of the laptop but iam also having a hard time using labview for the LCD 

any help would be really appreciated

again iam not that good in arduino and labview

sorry 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,732 Views)

You have a lot of duplicate code.  Each true and false case could be replaced by a single select feeding a 1 or 0 to the subVI.  Actually, you just need a boolean to 0,1.

You could also use a For Loop and minimize the code further.

But your Set Digital Pin Mode should only need to be done once before your while loop starts.  And again, use a For Loop for that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author omar675

Here is a much cleaner version of your code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,678 Views)

hey

thanks for the help

really appreciate it

i was able to understand what exactly did you do in the cleaner VI and why

however I am still getting an error when I try to use the arduino compiler and due to my skills, I still cant manage to fix it exactly, can you just briefly what my issue is again

I am sorry if my questions are dumb, its my first time using this 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,667 Views)

I have no idea what an arduino compiler is that can take LabVIEW code to make Arduino code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,662 Views)

its alright 

i will figure it out eventually

thank you for your help

the cleaner version is definitely an improvement and solved some of the problems i had

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,658 Views)